Are you looking for an easy and affordable option that tastes delicious? We love to take everyday favorites and a little smoke, like our Smoked Meatloaf.
This delicious meal serves 6. It can be prepared in just a few minutes and is ready to serve in about an hour.
- your favorite BBQ seasoning
- your favorite BBQ sauce
1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl mixing well and season to taste with your favorite BBQ seasoning.
2. Form the ingredients into a rectangle and wrap firmly in saranwrap. If time allows, place in the fridge for an hour.
3. While your allowing your meatloaf to firm up, prepare your smoker for a 350 degree smoke. You can experiment with the smoke flavors but we recommend using something like apple or cherry wood chunks or pellets.
4. Unwrap your meatloaf and place on a layer of tinfoil. We do like to add a lip to hold in the juices. This is also a good time to add a little more of the BBQ seasoning to the surface of the meatloaf.
5. At about the 30 minute mark we like to add a good helping of our favorite BBQ sauce. This adds flavor and also keeps the meatloaf from drying out. It's not an absolute requirement but it does taste delicious.
6. At about the 1 hour mark, the internal temperature should reach 165 and that's the magic number. Remove from the smoker and let rest for about 10 minutes.
7. Slice and serve with your favorite sides.